Monday, May 29, 2006

Bermuda

My pink eye and I flew to Bermuda on Friday morning (only 2 hours from New York). Our host for the 10 days, Gareth (from Cape Town) met us at the airport and shoved us into a taxi with directions to his house!! That night we went out for sundowners and a hockey do and more drinks and I met loads of people who were all extremely friendly and happy. I started to notice a trend with these Bermuda people - they're all extremely happy to be living here! No guesses why... it's just awesome! Sorry folks but I will be sending my CV to a company here (via an SA girl I met) just to see what the options are... he he!
Gareth in his work kit (yip, no jokes) outside his house.

Saturday we spent the day on the ocean, chilling out with the odd bit of wakeboarding...



Me testing out Gareth's Vespa...

On Sunday I went to watch the Bermuda ladies play a friendly game against "The Rest of the World" and somehow they managed to talk me into playing (with one eye). I played the last 10 of the first half, and then the last 15 of the 2nd, and LOVED it! What I didn't realise is that right link in SA terms means right STRIKER in Bermuda, so that's where I was put - right out in the front! I didn't quite know what I was doing, but I made a few good passes and generally ran around just enjoying the opportunity!


Anyone who wants to get hold of me here, call me on +14412365962 - I'm here till Sunday, then it's off to London for 4 weeks!

No comments: