Friday, May 19, 2006

If you're going to San Francisco...

... be sure to wear a flower in your hair!
And headphones so you can't hear the rubbish that the people talk to themselves, just walking down the street! The thousands of homeless people speak PERFECT english, but the normal-looking ones talk some strange language to themselves??
I spent two days riding the cable cars up and down the hills (like in the movies - the really steep hills in San Fran!),

walking the whole of Golden Gate Park (tip: you only need to do half at the most!), walking down the crookedest street,

checking out the financial district, Union Square etc etc.

At the end of Tourist Day 1, all I wanted to do was get back to my hostel to rest my feet, but I bumped into some demonstration which closed off all the streets and buses to my hostel! Typical!!


Tourist Day 2 included a visit to Fisherman's Wharf, a crab sandwich specially for Sue, and for the Turds in NZ - I found Joe's Crab Shack!!!

I also did a boat trip to Alcatraz, even though I wasn't sooo keen on doing ANOTHER prison tour, but it was actually interesting and almost fun (not like the genocial and torture prisons of the last 2 years' travels). The scariest thing I saw was an old man who didn't have the front of his nose. There were just two red canals going up into his head. Eeeooooww!
<-- Bay Bridge

Ricardo (Sylvia's friend from Brazil that was in Hawaii with us for the last weekend) kindly offered to take me out for dinner, and hit the nail on the jackpot by taking me to a Brazilian restaurant where they brought cooked animals to your table and carved them onto your plate!!!!!!! I was in HEAVEN! Yes, it was mostly steak, and all varieties and styles, with a bit of lamb, pork, chicken and prawns. I almost ate enough steak to make up for 6 weeks in Asia without! Then he drove us over the Golden Gate Bridge which was obediantly shrouded in a layer of fog, as it is mostly in summer.


No comments: