Monday, May 29, 2006

New York, New York

Somehow in Chicago's HOTEL I managed to pick up conjunctivitis in my right eye, so my sight-seeing in New York was severely hindered. Just going outside in the sun was excruciating, so I had to limit the sights quite severely! I went to see the World Trade Centres site which is just a big building site, with buildings towering around the outside, which are less than half the height of the original Twin Towers!

I did a cruise to Staten Island with a group from the hostel, and managed to make some new friends regardless of my red eye! It was a gorgeous evening so when we left Manhatten on the ferry the sun was setting behind the Statue of Liberty, and on the way back we saw fireworks amongst the Manhatten skyscrapers.
This is a memorial dedicated to the Island's residents that were killed in 9-11.
Exploring Times Square with my new "friends"!

No comments: