Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Polo, sky-diving, gliding and kite-surfing in Hawaii????

Sylvia and I met John and Jamie one day whilst hitching a ride back to our backpackers from our short shopping stint in the nearest town. John just happened to be a sky-diver, so we made plans to go back the next day for Sylvia to have her first jump!!
Jamie and John

Don't ever trust Scandinavians to make a beach fire. They just don't have a clue!!
Saturday Ricardo (Sylvia's friend from Brazil), Sylvia and I took a trip around the island. First stop Turtle Bay Resort for a sneaky swim!













We met up with Craig and some other surfers from the backpackers, and had a chilled dusk longboarding session in Waikiki, with lots of switchfoots by me! Lloydie that one's for you - look closely!
Sunday we headed out west to go watch POLO! The club's field is right on the beach, where the kiters are! I was in heaven! The sky-divers did a bit of a show, and then the gliders all glided by, low over the field in between chukkas.










Our roomies!!

Monday (my last day) I took a bike and went to check out Pipeline and Sunset beaches, cos the swell had picked up but the wind was pumping.

No comments: