Monday, May 22, 2006

Partying in Chicago!

I was the luckiest backpacker ever, getting picked up from Chicago's O'Hare Airport at 9pm on Friday night, by Jen and Derek! They'd driven in for the weekend, and Jen and I checked into our HOTEL (yes folks, there's no 'S' like in hoStel!) for the next two nights. That night we went to listen to some goold old Chicago Blues and Jazz at a place called Kingston Mines. Derek and Matt insisted on buying us tequilas, so the night flew by with some dancing, meeting random people, eating random birthday cake... and of course Jen losing her ID! [For once I was responsible and didn't take my camera out with me, hence the lack of photos]

Sat was a bit of a late start (I blame it on still being on California time, 2 hours "earlier") but ut was a gorgeous day so our open top bus tour was really really pleasant, and interesting. Chicago hit me as a very clean, neat and tidy city, with the CBD's buildings all seeming to outdo each other in new styles/ideas.

We went to the top of the 2nd highest building to check out the observation deck. North America's tallest building (Sears) is in Chicago and it actually didn't look that tall??

Sat night we went to see the Blueman Group show. Don't ask me to describe it cos it's impossible! But you HAVE to go see it!!
With Jen and some of her friends at a graduation party.

Matt, Jen, Derek and I having a farewell breakfast on Sunday morning.


Jen and Derek's huge house in South Bend. We drove back and spent Sunday night there, chilling, catching up on old movies and letters etc!

No comments: