Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Surfing in Hawaii

Aloha!!
This is our view from our backpackers on the Northshore, just next to Waimea Bay and Pipeline! It's a bit out of big wave season (December) so it's perfect for longboarding at the moment! I met a lovely Austrian girl on the shuttle to the hostel and we've become best temporary mates, surfing every day, snorkelling and doing lots of other fun stuff. This is the view from the hostel:













This is our cosy 6-sleeper cabin, complete with kittens and chickens!

"My" longboard for day 2, at Rightovers.

That is Pipeline - looks nothing like the movies!!!

Waimea Bay... stunning
Waimea Falls. Brrr pretty cold!

2 comments:

Matt Shields said...

My god it looks like you're having a fantastic trip! I stumbled on your blog by accident but have been reading it through... I love the South Pacific and have spent time in the Samoan islands.

Am now in Los Angeles (from Alaska) for a few months, and if you stop through and want someone to grab a beer with drop a note! (not trying for a date as I'm spoken for, but I am in LA temporarily and don't know anyone so I'm always up for soemone to share stories with...)

Either way, have a great trip!

Azazelo said...

Hawaii is always a good experience. I'll be there next week surfing! YEAH!!