Sunday, July 24, 2005

Toowoomba

After a very fun and late Friday night out in Brisbane, I slept on the back seat of the car to Toowoomba (1 1/2 hours drive from Brisbane) where we're visitnig Todd's folks. Saturday was pretty much a write-off (I did manage to lose Scrabble badly) and I couldn't even stay awake to watch the SA Aus kick-off, but we taped the game and watched it jubilantly this morning before our mid-morning tee-off time. I wasn't allowed to play with the men yesterday in the Saturday competition (blessing in disguise!) so they arranged a Sunday game too so that I could have a last round with my Dad for a year or so. The weather and the birds came out to play and it was a very pleasant day outside. South Africa beat Australia by 1 point, adding to their sorrowful rugby loss (although they don't really care cos they're mostly into rugby league!). We're heading back to Brisbane tomorrow and will visit the Lone Pine Koala sanctuary where they have kangaroos too (we still haven't seen any). After that it's big-time job searching for me!

No comments: