Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I could live in Bondi!

Todd, Anna and I spent Sunday night at a friend's house in Bondi, Sydney. Wow what an awesome spot! I can't wait to return in the summer so that I can park myself on the beach for a week solid.That night I met up with a kiwi guy I met at the U2 concert in Twickenham (Al), and an aussie girl I met in Ireland on the Paddywagon tour (Nics). Al had a few mates there who had all entered the pool competition, so Nics and I decided to give it a bash too. Lucky me got a first round bye, and Nics was up against a walking tatoo, who she somehow managed to clean up much to her fan-club's delight! I met one of the guys in the 3rd round and reluctantly had to knock him out. Then suddenly I was in the semis and knocked myself out by sinking his red ball whilst going for the black (funny NSW rules, also no 2-shot rule). He went on to win it... but I still played for 3rd and 4th and managed to sink the white after sinking the black, but my opponent refused to take the win because he felt I had thrashed him, so I took it and ran! I must thank my support team and especially my coach Shane who was specially flown in from Auckland for the evening. Jokes, he is one of Al's mates, but a genius at telling you what shot to play!
Monday morning we walked along the coast to Bronte and had breakfast there. We spent the day wandering and shopping in Sydney, plus had lunch at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Sydney tower. As luck would have it, the digital camera decided to pack up at the most scenic spot with the most magnificent views over the whole city!

No comments: