Thursday, March 30, 2006

West Coast


We pretty much stayed on the same bus with the same people all the way down the west coast of the south island which was rather festive. We spent a night in Westport and had a bbq, drank plenty of red wine goon/papsak/dooswyn etc. and put Jess to bed early after she decorated the outside walkway... The following night was the "Poo Pub" fancy dress party and everybody made a special effort to look like either a Hero or a Villain.











The scenery became more and more spectacular through Wanaka and into Queenstown - massive blue blue lakes bordered by towering snow-capped mountains. Plus we were lucky enough to have sunny skies, so of course the camera had a complete workout..













I loved Queenstown. It just has an awesome "season" feel to it - winter = skiing, summer = mountain biking, hang gliding, river boarding etc etc... Some of the braver ones bungied, but I was happy to watch, sometimes using my sore back as an excuse. I did go to the physio who reckons I broke 2 or 3 ribs and strained 2 joints in my lower back, so I didn't feel SO bad about missing out on everything after all! We did go riverboarding which was great fun and so nice to exercise a little (albeit with broken ribs!)














No comments: