Friday, February 03, 2006

Cricket in Brisbane


After New Years things were pretty quiet in Brisbane (well for me anyway!). I realised the cricketers were spending a week or so in my town, so I thought I'd offer to take them out... which I did, to the Chalk Bar which is a massive new bar up the road from the 'Gabba (cricket and AFL ground). I of course was in my element (1 girl=me and 3 gorgeous cricketers) and really enjoyed chatting to some saffas about home etc. I started to feel homesick!
Smithy gave me some top tickets to the day-night game on the Sunday (seated just behind the players) so Anna and I went along and met Mac and Gail who drove up from the Gold Coast.









It was a fantastic game which at one stage looked like we'd thrown down the tubes, but then Bouch and Kemp clocked up some quick runs and before we knew it, it was almost over.

Then it started to rain!! But 20 mins later they were back on to finish up properly!

Bouch and Kempie after hitting the winning runs...

No comments: