Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mac!


On Saturday evening I got a lift with Jane and her boys to the Gold Coast to meet Mac and Gail for drinks. Gail wasn't feeling well, so it ended up being just me and Mac, catching up on the last few months (London and Aus) and being thoroughly entertained by the people around us.
We had the best potato wedges ever ever, but weren't allowed to have forks because we were in the smoking section??? Still haven't figured that one out... Mr White Shoes provided hours of hilarity with his ridiculous dance moves and "I'm so cool" grin on his face.
I was supposed to meet up with Belinda and Paul and their mates in Surfers Paradise but we got stuck into the helium balloons and then made a bunch of new (40-something) friends so ended up staying there till closing time.
I had Jane and Peter's flat all to myself, and then spent Sunday trying to get to the beach, then parking off for a few hours of vitamin D, then trying to get back to Brisbane. Was cool to see the Indy stuff lining the streets for the 20-23 Oct Indy series of which I shall definitely be a part!

No comments: